Reference No. 276 02 RR
Our client, an international mining house, is seeking an Underground Mining Manager and Project Lead who will provide tactical and operational support, who delivers maximum value for the company’s operating assets and projects in Ghana & Tanzania consistent with the Company’s Vision and Values. This role Includes all activities related to Underground Mining, Planning and Strategy. Furthermore, the incumbent will provide direct output support to both Site and Regional business units in the identification and adoption of relevant discipline strategy, provision of competent technical support to the operations, provision of governance/assurance and representation of the company on all matters relating to the discipline including the interaction and benchmarking with peers in the industry.
- To provide technical specialist support to the BU’s mine sites on application of evaluation models, systems, and processes.
- Provide expert Tactical technical support and consulting services for the Ghana & Tanzania Business Unit’s assets,
- Drive and Coordinate the Underground LOM process within the GTBU.
- Provide support and facilitate processes with Underground Mining experts to develop benchmark metrics, reports, and standards for performance measurement.
- Role will have two Specialists – Underground Mining reporting to them.
- The role holder is expected to Mentor and develop Underground Mining teams within the GTBU to be competent in managing risks in the company.
- Contributing productively as a member of the company Underground Mining Discipline.
- In accordance with the Discipline Health Procedure, will participate in discipline Communities of Practice and ensuring knowledge transfer across the business units and group.
- Building capacity by providing support to the business units in establishing discipline succession plans; providing strategic direction to the talent pool identification (people, resources, and capability) and requirements (sourcing, recruiting, hiring, development, rotation, in-country localization etc.) in conjunction with Discipline Health Lead to meet current and future needs.
- Providing input into the Technical Ghana and Tanzania BU annual budget (P80) as well as providing support (and reviewing as required) to the Ghana and Tanzania operations, including cookbooks.
- Auditing on-site compliance to the agreed standards, procedures, processes, and specifications.
- Where deviations are encountered develop roadmaps to ensure compliance.
- Governance, technical due diligence, and support to capital projects; Ensure compliance of company standards.
- As a SME for Underground Mining provide input into tender evaluations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least 10+ years relevant experience in the mining industry.
- A post-graduate degree qualification in a related discipline.
- Sound practical understanding of the entire mining value chain.
- Worked in an expatriate role and has demonstrated capability and willingness to explore and embrace different cultures
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate opportunity
- Competitive annual package
- FIFO Schedule
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.