Reference No. 247 09 RR
Our client, an international mining house is seeking a Transformation Manager who will ensure the implementation and monitoring of the company’s Transformation initiatives, Social and Labour Plans, Local Economic Development goals and CSI projects and broader stakeholder engagements/consultations in line with company strategy and statutory requirements. Furthermore, the incumbent should ensure the company’s compliance to the DMRE Regulatory Framework that governs mining rights within the context of social license to mine.
- Monitor and keep up to date with legislative changes that impact on transformation and community development and similar requirements of the MPRDA.
- Align company’s strategies to legislative imperatives and regulatory framework towards achieving transformation goals.
- Develop guidelines and policies in order to implement and comply with the relevant Legislation /s (Labour Relations Act, Traditional authorities Act, EE Act, Skills Development Act, etc.).
- Provide information, advice and training regarding legislation that may have impact on transformation issues and processes.
- Identify and address issues that may create barriers to Transformation and community development.
- Establish and maintain Business Unit & Stakeholders/Role-players engagement/consultative platforms to identify and address Transformation issues and processes.
- Build functional relationships in line with company’s Transformation agenda and strategy.
- Develop and manage SLP’s, CSI and LED implementation strategies.
- Ensure that the Transformation Function meets principles of sound Corporate Governance.
- Forge networks and relationships with relevant institutions.
- Conceptualise, Compile, implement and monitor Social and Labour Plans.
- Compile monthly, annual and Closure Social and Labour Plan Reports and Submit to Department of Minerals Resources and Energy.
- Facilitate Future Forums Meetings
- Compilation, implementation and monitoring of departmental and company Employment Equity Plans.
- Facilitation of Employment Equity forum Meetings.
- Provide training on employment equity.
- To implement the Stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Ensure continuous engagement with all relevant stakeholders (community and government) to forge mutually beneficial relations.
- Engage with government at local, provincial and national level.
- Organize and coordinate community consultative meetings.
- Report on progress made on SLP commitments to Municipality, community and community-based organizations, DMRE and other government departments.
- Facilitate public private partnerships.
- Coordinate Women in mining programmes.
- Identify and implement CSI projects through liaising with Community Stakeholders.
- Track Group wide Climate and Culture trends related to transformation issues.
- Research Community Cultural Diversity and traditions and assess the impact on the Company.
- Prepare, manage and monitor the Departmental budget.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree or National Diploma in Social Science, Political Science, Human Resources or related discipline.
- 8 years’ relevant experience, preferably a minimum of 2 years’ managerial experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the South African Legal framework.
Benefits and Contractual information:
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.