Reference No. TR1511
Technical Buyer ( Bearings / Mineral Processing / Supply Chain / Engineering) – Johannesburg
Reference Number: TR1511
The company is a leading manufacturer of specialized equipment for the aggregate & mining industries. The Technical Buyer will be responsible for identifying and procuring goods and services required by the organization. They will source service providers who can supply the required goods and services, negotiate prices, and arrange for the purchase and delivery of the goods whilst ensuring that all transactions are in the best interest of the company.
- Sourcing raw materials and bought out items which meet requirements in terms of manufacturing
- drawing specification, quality, price, and delivery lead time.
- Processing of purchases through use of established administration procedures.
- Implementing follow up controls to expedite the delivery of orders on time.
- Researching and negotiating prices which deliver value for money.
- Negotiating long term supply contracts with approved vendors.
- Pursuing new and / or alternative sources of supply to improve reliability of supplies, improve quality
of products, shorten delivery lead times, and reduce costs.
- Measuring and managing supplier performance within established parameters.
- Ensuring completeness and correctness of orders.
- Verifying if orders placed have a valid demand.
- Providing timeous feedback to all role-players.
- Ascertain required delivery for items and align PO delivery to required delivery.
- Ensuring that all orders are placed within 48 working hours of demand being confirmed.
- Negotiating supplier agreements to ensure favourable terms for the Company.
- Displaying an ability to secure pricing for a fixed period of time.
- Ensuring that supplier quality performance adheres to Company Requirements.
- Proposing alternatives to a specified supplier.
- Ensuring that the BBBEE targets on the Procurement pillar of the BBBEE scorecard are met.
- Ensuring full compliance to the Code of Conduct in terms of items relevant to procurement.
- Ensuring compliance to QMS standards
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- NQF level 6 or higher in Supply Chain related field of study
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in buying/procurement.
- Casting industry knowledge will be advantageous
- Previous experience of materials management within heavy engineering / manufacturing environment is required
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word Skills
- A solid understanding of the procurement module on an ERP system
- Exposure to Microsoft AX Dynamics would be highly advantageous
- Understand and display an ability to procure within the parameters of a Quality Control Plan
- Ability to interpret the (Material Requirements Plan)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Position
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Tristan Rusch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.