Reference No. 260 10 RR
Tailings Senior Specialist (Mining / TSF / Engineering / Geotechnical / Asset Management) – Central Africa
Reference Number: 260 10 RR
Our client, a tier one mining house, is seeking a Tailings Senior Specialist who will work closely with the Tailings Facility design consultants and in-house construction team to ensure that the ongoing construction of the Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) at operations meet world class quality standards. The incumbent will also work closely with the Principal Tailings Engineer and other key stakeholders to develop the Life of Mine tailings strategy and plan, as well as maintaining best practice tailings deposition and management systems.
- Manage critical spares and stock account and ensure that maintenance system is implemented and maintained.
- Overseeing that required tailings deposition infrastructure, methods and operations as well as embankment design work is completed on time and in line with LOM operational requirements.
- Communicating all design related decisions and outcomes to the Principal Tailings Engineer.
- Understanding overall requirements for timing of construction activities in order to meet operational requirements
- Compilation of all required reporting including daily, weekly and monthly monitoring reports, monthly stewardship documents and annual construction reports.
- Assign work, monitor performance, train and develop team members while creating a culture of high-performance teams.
- Work with colleagues in the same managerial structure in a way that ensures the manager’s accountabilities are met.
- This requires a shared understanding of the context within which the manager’s accountabilities lie and requires of colleagues to work together as a team and make mutual adjustments to their work.
- Regular monitoring of the performance of any geotechnical structures, observing and reporting on effectiveness of maintenance of all TSF facilities.
- Verifying that operational freeboard (including factors of safety), storm water channels and access routes are properly maintained and reporting to Operations management any remedial actions that are required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of five years geotechnical and tailings experience
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suit
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.