Reference No. 339 06 RR
Reference Number: 339 06 RR
Our client is seeking a Sustainability Consultant who will be responsible for reporting sustainability related activities and helping our clients respond to and develop strategies to manage issues across the ESG agenda. The incumbent will align client’s sustainability reporting requirements with industry best practices in terms of frameworks, data collection and assurance to meet the Client’s sustainability targets and ambitions.
- Producing Sustainability reports and disclosures that showcase clients’ work in a compelling way, while also ticking the boxes for GRI or SASB compliance.
- Compiling annual responses to investor questionnaires such as CDP and DJSI and providing clients with guidance to improve their scores and their practice.
- Reviewing, benchmarking, and developing policies against industry and best practice.
- Assessing client’s current sustainability performance and working with key stakeholders to identify, prioritise and strategically manage key sustainability issues.
- Developing climate risk management and mitigation
- strategies, including Science based targets and
- TCFD aligned reporting and guidance.
- Developing Modern Slavery Statement and strategies.
- Identifying and tracking ESG and sustainability trends, best practices, frameworks, and standards and communicating those relevant to internal and external stakeholders and using information to develop new services and client offering.
- Forming and maintaining a network of relationships to support sustainability efforts.
- Ensuring appropriate controls and measurement systems are in place for clients to support and maintain sustainability reporting integrity and assurance.
- Monitoring the latest trends from ESG rating agencies and recommend courses of action to improve client scores and address gaps.
- Networking and growing strong relationships with clients and other partners in the market.
- Working closely with various specialists to implement strategies and annual environmental and social performance for clients.
- Assisting with the drafting of our client’s strategic position and narratives on sustainability issues.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 7 + years relevant experience in sustainability consulting or similar.
- Post graduate degree preferably in Environmental Sciences, Sustainability or Financial Communications.
- Project Management Certificate would be beneficial
- Experience in the mining sector is preferable.
- Strong project management skills: you will be developing sustainability reports from start to finish, working with clients until they are perfect.
- A working knowledge of; TCFD recommendations, GRI Standards, SASB, the Principles of Responsible Investment
- Deep understanding of responsible investment, sustainability emerging topics, the latest energy industry trends, strategies, and technologies.
- Carry out field work under strenuous conditions.
- A willingness to travel.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment option
- Competitive annual package
- Full range of benefits
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.