Reference No. 1107 017 SS
Reference Number: 1107 017 SS
Our client, a listed mining company with operations in the DRC is seeking a Senior Buyer who will focus on Procurement and will report directly to the Procurement Superintendent. The ideal incumbent will be responsible for purchasing of goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements.
- Building relationships with suppliers and negotiating with them for the best price, quantities and delivery timeframes.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Review procurement documents and prepare purchase orders.
- Determine and develop appropriate sources of supply and maintain cooperative working relationships with vendors to stay current with trends and technologies, products and services.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant Diploma or Degree.
- Proven experience as a Senior Buyer / Procurement Officer within a mining environment.
- Experience having worked with Acumatica highly advantageous.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive package
- Fixed term contract opportunity
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.