Reference No. 355 07 RR
Our client a South African mining house is seeking a Section Engineer to join their team in Limpopo.
- Ownership: The mine is owned and operated by a South African mining company.
- Production: The mine produces about 1.2 million tonnes of chrome ore per year.
- Employment: The mine employs about 1,000 people.
- Legal Appointment as prescribed by MHSA
- Ensure efficient and effective utilization of allocated underground equipment and production processes to achieve production targets for the function/department/section to ensure business objectives are met.
- To manage and coordinate the engineering and operations activities and ensure that the legal responsibility as required by statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Oversee the contracting services rendered to the entire mine/plant by developing a scope and managing the commercial process to appoint Contractors.
- Manage all contractors on site and ensure adherence to rules and regulations.
- Maintain and improve operational supporting systems and procedures including management of contractor performance against service level agreements.
- Schedule and monitor the execution of the asset care activities in order to meet set industry parameters of reliability and availability of assets within span of control, through optimum maintenance mix techniques and the coordination of resources.
- Assesses the performance of the Asset Management System users and ensure proficiency through relevant training.
- Conduct and facilitate root cause analysis with stakeholders to ensure optimum asset care planning.
- Assist the Maintenance Planner/ Superintendent Planning in the planning of the maintenance windows in coordinating the needs between the operational – and maintenance sections.
- Verify the accuracy of signed off work orders and ensure timeous, accurate system feedback.
- Assist management in compiling the operational strategy, setting of achievable production targets and to compile, manage and control operational, Capex and labour budgets including the management of service provider performance according to SLA’s.
- Drive (mining) improvements projects toward enhancing the operations.
- Ensure plant and equipment optimization by conducting timeous investigations, benchmarking and feasibility studies toward identifying deviations / deficiencies in a proactive manner.
- Conduct simulation projects, forecasting, planning optimization and support.
- Implementation of operational plans that support strategic initiatives.
- Budget and cost control.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 3 – 5 years extensive practical experience in an Engineering and Production environment.
- Degree or National Diploma: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Certificate: GCC Mines and Works.
- Code 08 (EB) Driver’s Licence.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive annual package
- Annual incentives
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Christo van der Ham at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Christo van der Ham
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.