Reference No. 247 11 22 MNW
Reference Number: 247 11 22 MNW
Our client, an South African based IPP in the renewable energy industry, is seeking a Project Manager, who will manage the company’s wind projects in South Africa, during the execution phase (detail design, construction, commissioning, and Taking Over) according to applicable Company procedures. The incumbent will act as Owner’s Representative under the TSA (Turbine and Supplier Agreement) and BOP (Balance of Plant) contracts as well as Seller’s Representative under the PPA. The ideal incumbent will have experience in project management within the renewable energy industry.
- Maintain regular contact with key strategic accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Use reasonable endeavours to remain abreast with market and technological developments and to identify new technologies that may contribute towards the development of the Business and improvements in the Company.
- Recommending policy and procedure improvements.
- Ensuring overall compliance to all the internal Policies and Procedures of the Company, including compliance with Corporate ESMS (Environmental, Social, Management System), IFC Standards and Equator Principles.
- During the Execution Phase, the Project Manager is responsible and accountable for managing the following aspects of a project in an integrated manner to achieve project objectives: scope, schedule, cost, quality, resources, procurement, risks, communication, and stakeholder engagement.
- Responsible for advocating the Turbine and Supplier Agreement and Balance of Plant’s best interests by over-seeing the assigned project during the execution phase.
- Control procurement of subcontractors and suppliers to the TSA and BOP: manage the selection of the main suppliers and subcontractors as well as the negotiations.
- Manage the TSA and BOP, suppliers and consultants during the construction phase to ensure completion of the project within time, budget and quality as per the TSA and BOP contracts.
- Manage the O&M Contracts (LTSA and O&M BOP).
- Manage the following agreements: PPA (Power Purchase Agreement) signed with Eskom, Eskom Budget Quote, DuCOSA, Self-Build Agreement and other relevant agreements if required by the Portfolio Project Manager.
- Support the Asset Management, when required, on other signed agreements (ie: CTA Agreement with the banks, Implementation Agreement, etc.).
- Be compliant with the Asset Management signed contract with the project company.
- Respect compliance of the Economic Developments under the Implementation Agreement.
- Manage the project team (Project Engineer, Construction Manager, Site Superintendent, Health and Safety Manager, Environmental Manager, Quality Manager, Commissioning Manager, etc…) before, during, and after the construction phase.
- Direct internal operations to achieve project budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to preserve the capital funds invested in the project.
- Ensure that all the relevant insurances, permits and contracts remain in full force during the construction of the facility.
- Ensure that the project is going to be designed and built-in in accordance with law and all relevant permits (EIA, EMPr, water authorisation, building permits, etc.
- Managing relationships with landowners and the local community.
- Perform on-site inspections for quality of workmanship, quality of materials, conformity with plans & specifications, code compliance, on-site safety, project schedule vs progress, and general progress of the construction project.
- Maintain observation reports/logs including work description, work methods, contractors on site, weather conditions, observations, photos, etc.
- Attend, or conduct, periodic construction progress meetings with the TSA and BOP contractors.
- Review progress billings from the TSA and BOP contractors and when required, negotiate revisions.
- Issue an Internal Report and Monthly Report to the Owner by highlighting progress, risks and opportunities and any other main information pertinent to the project.
- Review and assess if each of the contract milestones have been achieved and prepare and issue the relevant certificate duly signed.
- Ensure all the TSA and BOP contract requirements are fulfilled before the final completion is released.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A related tertiary qualification
- SACPCMP preferable
- Previous experience in Renewable Energy
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Renewable Fixed Term Contract
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.