Reference No. 265 11 RR
Our client, an international mining house is seeking a Production Manager who will be responsible for ensuring the management of blasting optimization from drilling and blasting to execution of design, thus ensuring optimally fragmented material for the process plant as well as waste material. Furthermore, the incumbent will be responsible for managing and controlling the explosive magazine and explosives on site. The ideal incumbent will ensure that he/she creates a conducive environment for employees to achieve excellent performance through continuous training and development.
- Managing load & haul section so that planned tons/BCMS are achieved and ensuring that blasting and drilling section planned volumes are achieved safely and cost effectively.
- Ensure that loading equipment are operated effectively and safely and that production targets are achieved through quality blasts and drills.
- To make sure that water pond/sumps are demarcated around loading and hauling areas and ensuring that explosives and drilling equipment is operated effectively and safely.
- To make sure that holes are closed after drilling.
- Design, analyse, and monitor load & haul and drilling reports in order to give feedback to the team to improve performance.
- Follow budgeting guidelines and bring about necessary changes to curb costs in order to achieve annual operating and capital budgets.
- Conform to government guidelines in terms of safety by continuously updating load & haul and blasting procedures.
- Manage and assess staff progress and recommend newer methods through researching markets and government guidelines.
- Coordinate with technical department to reduce ore contamination.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of reports before submission to DMRE.
- Provide direct management of the site operations, which include resource and reserves management, all mining related activities, ore blending and equipment maintenance.
- Lead execution of operations practices and performance.
- Manage annual leave roster.
- Participate with other technical and engineering sections to set production goals.
- Manage labour compliments to align with budget.
- Develop and execute short and intermediate term strategies that support the growth of the operation.
- Executive daily approved plan to reach daily production targets safely and cost effectively and ensuring that explosives are always available.
- Dewater the pit for continuous mining operations.
- Maintain quality drilled holes and presplits by loading to the correct floor elevations.
- After-blast audit (MF, cracks, and fragmentation) and remedial actions.
- Floor condition and grade box readings.
- Highwall scaling and control in line with Geotechnical expectations.
- Monitor dumps levelling.
- Continuous feeding of reef to the crushers and meet plant throughput.
- Coordinate with material suppliers and contractors.
- Coordinate with rock engineering specialist to assess drilling areas in line with structural variations and faults, dykes and fissures that may result with unsafe drilling condition.
- Prepare and summarise progress reports for management and client staff.
- Support, lead and supervise drilling, loading & hauling personnel and recommend optimization technologies.
- Design drilling and blasting blocks.
- Make sure that fragmentations are as per the required specifications.
- Coordinate with explosives material suppliers and blasting contractor.
- Track and guide work and performance of drilling and blasting team and peer mining groups.
- Assist Blasters, drilling and production personnel to execute their work safely and cost-effectively.
- Create and maintain good and healthy relationship with employees and contractors.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 10 years mining experience in open cast mining on a senior role (Loading and Hauling; Drilling and Blasting).
- Mining degree/diploma.
- Blasting Engineering qualifications with emphasis on open pit.
- Mine manager’s certificate.
- Open cast blasting ticket.
- Must be medically fit.
- South African Nationals are encouraged to apply
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive annual package
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.