Reference No. 316 05 RR
Our client is seeking a Pit Superintendent who will manage all Load & Haul related activities on site and per shift in conjunction with the Production Manager. The incumbent will work to achieve production and safety targets with the best levels of efficiency and effectiveness, abiding by all the procedures and standards set within the company and/ or applicable to the project. Furthermore, the incumbent will ensure that all Production, Load & Haul and other related SOP’s are adhered to and maximize equipment utilization to ultimately ensure that site production targets are consistently met.
- Manage Load & Haul activities and allocated personnel (Production Foremen and Equipment Operators) on Shift to ensure that all Production and other related SOP’s are adhered to.
- Manage allocated subordinates/teams on shift to maximize equipment utilization and ensure that hourly, daily, weekly and monthly production and utilization targets are consistently achieved or exceeded.
- Coordinate mining equipment and personnel activities (Take general charge of the overall Load & Haul Operation in collaboration with the Pit Superintendent Drill & Blast and Production Manager).
- Ensure that all required Risk Assessments are available and discussed with Shifts before commencement of work.
- Monitor pit stability and declare areas safe prior to operations.
- Ensure that floor levels are maintained and that equipment is not exposed to risk of damage.
- Inspect and ensure that physical conditions are conducive to effective production rates.
- Manage mining procedures according to standard operating procedures and legal requirements.
- Provide solutions to ensure effective drilling and production process flow.
- Optimize equipment utilization to maximize output and minimize expenditure.
- Manage and optimize secondary equipment to ensure achievement of production targets.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with SHE standards.
- Ensure effective Communication on Site.
- Proactively report progress of production targets to line manager.
- Manage discipline and initiate disciplinary action in line with applicable disciplinary procedures, where required.
- Ensure that Operators are well trained and declared competent in terms of the Standard Operating Procedures.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least 8 years’ Load & Haul experience in an opencast mining environment
- 3-5 years must be in a similar role carrying a 2.9.2 legal appointment and overseeing Production Foremen/ Supervisors.
- Mining Degree or National Diploma in Mining Engineering (Advantageous)
- Grade 12 / Matric mandatory
- Surface / Opencast blasting certificate.
- Competency A training
- Code EB Driver’s license
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Control Training (HIRAC)
- Must have successfully completed Strata Control 2 course.
- Good computer competency (MS Office) and numerically orientated.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive salary package
- Permanent opportunity
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.