Reference No. 19 05 23 VG
Reference Number: 19 05 23 VG
Our client is seeking a Mining & Civil Manager who will be responsible for managing the mining contractor, the mining activities and projects in line with business objectives. The incumbent will form part of the senior leadership team.
- Develop and implement all systems, processes and procedures required for safe and efficient mining and civil activities.
- Monitor mining costs against budget KPI’s.
- Implement the mine production plan.
- Daily monitoring and reporting on the progress of mining operations.
- Monitor and track mining activities to ensure delivery to ROM tonnes and grades, waste stripping, and stockpiles are as in accordance with the short term, medium term and long-term plan and budget.
- Manage mining contractor to ensure all contractual obligations are met.
- Develop and maintain end of month reconciliation.
- Assessment of end of month contractor claims.
- Conduct pit inspections, field interactions and complete incident investigations.
- Ensure all activities in and around the mine comply with mine policies and procedures.
- Ensure occupational health and safety guidelines are complied with, which includes planning and overseeing maintenance of the mine and developing emergency response plans.
- Assist in implementation of the ERP system and ensure ERP system procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensure all conditions of the ESIA and EMP are effectively communicated and complied with through all phases of the project.
- Develop and maintain mine production schedules on quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily basis aligned with the annual budget physicals.
- Monitor product quality and specifications aligned with offtake agreement conditions.
- Assist the operations Manager in preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Manage direct reports and monitor performance compliant to business HR policies and procedures.
- Work with external vendors, contractors, suppliers, and technical personnel.
- Recruit, train and manage personal to successful operate the plant.
- Ensure development of all external and internal reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide input on relevant areas to standard report e.g., weekly, monthly annual reports etc.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 7 to 10 years’ experience in a similar position.
- A Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) or related discipline from a recognised university.
- Previous experience leading a team.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising contractors and managing contracts.
- Proficient in QAQC protocols.
- Familiar with Mine Production Scheduling software.
- Ideally will be proficient in speaking and writing in Portuguese and English.
- Ability to generate high-quality reports including technical reports and Government reports, in both in both English and Portuguese.
- High proficiency with MS Windows environment, MS Office Suite.
- Willingness to work in remote areas.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 6/3 Roster
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.