Reference No. 418-0809LH
Reference Number: 418-0809LH
Our client is is seeking an experienced Logistics Supervisor who will oversee mining supply chain activities at their mine site in West Africa.
- Establishment and implementation of the end-to-end logistic system.
- Ensure compliance to the Company and Legislative Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure logistic objectives align with operational objectives and requirements.
- Budgeting, cost control and cost saving initiatives.
- Liaise with suppliers, customs, and stakeholders to ensure timeous delivery and resource availability.
- Weekly and monthly reporting.
- Attending Stock Meetings.
- Lead and develop a team of expeditors.
- Review and approve quotations & invoices for freight costs.
- Supporting the finance team in resolving outstanding supplier payments.
- Ensuring health and safety standards and policies are adhered to.
- Continuous improvement initiatives.
- Mentoring and training of subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Diploma or Degree in Logistics / Supply Chain Management or similar.
- 10 years previous experience in logistics for active mining operations, with at least 5 years at Supervisory level.
- Well-versed in stock management and logistics for both mineral processing / fixed plant and mobile plant / heavy equipment.
- Strong ERP systems experience.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Experience leading and training multi-cultural, diverse teams.
- Previous expatriate experience in West Africa.
- In line with the company’s diversification targets, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO roster.
- Long term contract.
If you wish to apply for the position please click on the Apply button.
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.