Reference No. 248 09 RR
Our client, an international mining house is seeking an HSE Manager who will ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures and to assist in the achievement of profitability/productivity requirements. The role is a core function for the company to ensure a safe environment for all employees and contractors and to protect the natural environment. This position will be critical to ensuring compliance with local regulations but also to the company’s overall sustainability policy and ESG practices. In addition, it will support efforts in bringing the company’s mining operation to international standards on Health and Safety.
- Ensure occupational health and safety and environmental plans and procedures for all project activities are developed, implemented and complied with, in line with management standards and the company’s overall sustainability objectives.
- Identify and manage all of the HSE risks associated with the project, including business and operational risks.
- Ensure all HSE standards, plans, procedures etc. are conveyed to all staff and contractors working on the project.
- Lead a culture of reporting hazards, incidents and near miss events and ensure they are appropriately investigated and actioned to prevent recurrence.
- Take the lead and participate in visible HSE initiatives (e.g. workplace inspections, HSE meeting attendance, internal audits, hazard and incident reporting and behavioural observations) to drive site wide HSE performance.
- Hold individuals at all levels accountable for their HSE actions and take the relevant disciplinary action when necessary.
- Oversee environmental management programs including monitoring, land rehabilitation, water management, waste management and other key functions.
- Manage a small local HSE team to oversee site HSE requirements during operations.
- Ensure all site personnel are clear about their HSE roles and responsibilities and how their performance will be assessed and managed through the development of position descriptions and KPI’s.
- Communicate effectively with all personnel to ensure that there is an understanding of and support for the HSE goals and aspirations of the company.
- Support on-the-job and external HSE training programs for relevant personnel.
- Develop training and development matrices with plans for all HSE personnel.
- Provide succession planning within the department’s overall people development program.
- Liaise closely with the ESG Manager on all environmental and social issues.
- Perform safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Conduct post-accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary qualifications in an OHS or environmental discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years in mine site OHS or environmental management roles.
- 5 years in HSE Manager or Superintendent role.
- Experience with mine closure and rehabilitation programs.
- Experience in developing and implementing HSE management system initiatives,
- Exposure to managing contractors HSE performance on operating sites,
- Experience in working in remote, developing economy locations on a long cycle roster.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO rotation
- USD Net package
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.