Reference No. 3005 014 SS
Reference Number: 3005 014 SS
Our client is seeking an HOD Safety who will oversee all SHE issues at their sites in Kwa-Zulu Natal and in Mpumalanga.
- Define the strategic direction of the operation in relation to SHE and ensure cross functional alignment.
- Ensure resources are identified and utilized to successfully maintain the SHE processes.
- Maintaining effective communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Reviewing and updating the SHE policies and procedures and providing guidance where necessary.
- Design, implement and maintain an effective site-wide integrated risk management framework that includes the identification of priority unwanted events across the operations and assist in the development of control strategies to mitigate unwanted risk exposures.
- Ensure that integrated planning procedures are implemented and integrate risk outcomes in well-designed work principles.
- Implement risk control verification processes to enable continuous evaluation of compliance.
- Ensure SHE communication and awareness at appropriate levels to contribute to a positive SHE culture on site.
- Oversee and ensure that comprehensive health risk assessments are conducted, key risks are identified and control measures developed and implemented to reduce impact on the business.
- Oversee the conducting of a comprehensive risk assessment that identifies hygiene stressors, impact to employee health and recommends appropriate controls to mitigate these.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Must have at least 15 – 20 years’ experience within a similar role within the mining industry.
- National Diploma/Degree in Safety Management is essential for this role.
- Experience in root cause analysis techniques or incident cause analysis methods is essential.
- Must have a good understanding of the Mine Health and Safety Act, Environmental Act, COIDA and any other requirements pertaining to SHE compliance.
- Must have excellent experience in dealing with DMR inspections and DMR related issues.
- Must be able to travel extensively.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at email@example.com
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.