Reference No. LB34
Our client is seeking a Head of Mine Planning and Development to join their gemstone operation in Colombia. The incumbent will be responsible for creating the foundation for safe and efficient operational systems of work as well as influence mining operations by ensuring integrated solutions from design through to execution. This role will report directly to the Head of Mining Operations.
- Apply extensive knowledge and experience of Underground Mining systems and processes.
- Influence Mining Operations ensuring integrated and enabling solutions from Design through to execution.
- Seek opportunities to systematically support efforts in leading and improving safety in all areas of our business.
- Work within the Underground Mine Engineering Team and support underground technical functions. Primarily Underground Mine Planning/scheduling
- Lead the mine planning function in developing and maintaining effective working relationships and timely collaboration with Ventilation, Geology, Geotech, Survey and Operations teams.
- Review, approve and deliver timely and quality key technical and planning outputs from the underground mine planning group to mining operations – including mine plans, designs, schedules.
- Drive the Drill and Blast function through the optimisation of the drill designs.
- Mine Budgeting and Forecasting processes.
- Develop systems, processes and routines for effective work and medium-short range execution planning, integrating into aligned, achievable and challenging operational tactics and work plans and schedule for Mining Operations Teams
- Work within and across multi stakeholder, Mining Teams, supporting other Heads, Leads and Principles in delivering departmental and Business unit (BU) objectives in support of exceeding Team and BU Goals.
- Ensure effective team collaboration to combine our strengths, support each other to deliver targeted outcomes.
- Review, set and finalise Life of Mine planning, annual budgets and technical mine plans, cascading through to business tactics and short-range plans with support actions to ensure operations are supported.
- Drive improvement and innovation in underground mine planning processes through engagement with external stakeholders, key suppliers and OEM’s and internal business stakeholder
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years exp. in MINE planning and development.
- Experience of leading teams in new project sites to achieve production efficiency.
- Experience in liaising, managing, influencing, and negotiating with government authorities, vendors, contractors.
- Expertise in project operations.
- Spanish/English speaking with excellent communications skills (both written and verbally).
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lucia Baeza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.