Reference No. CDTSRHOHC
A well known client of ours within the financial sector is currently looking for their Head of Human Capital who will contribute to building a competitive and high-performance organisation via the accountability of leading the Group’s human capital (HC) function. This includes overseeing all aspects of HC, namely developing and implementing HC strategies and policies, talent recruitment, retention, compensation and benefits, performance management, and employee relations aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
Responsible for leading and managing the groups HC strategic agenda, specifically but not limited to the following areas:
- Develop and implement the organisation’s people strategy aligned with the business strategy.
- Manage, support and/or continually improve HC processes, primarily
- Learning and development (L&D) strategy and model to help the organisation become future-ready, including:
- Identifying training needs and aligning training programmes with business objectives.
- L&D enablers, e.g., competency models.
- L&D tools and technology.
- L&D functional leadership.
- Strategic workforce planning.
- Succession planning.
- Recruitment/talent attraction and selection, including associated administration.
- Talent retention promoting employee satisfaction and turnover reduction.
- Performance management and HC system adoption.
- Talent and career management.
- Creation and/or refinement, and implementation of HC policies.
- Remuneration and reward, including employee benefits, recognition, and compensation benchmarking for internal and external equity.
- HC operating model/s development & operationalisation.
- HC technology and service delivery, including core HC Systems and employee portal/s.
- Lead a small payroll and payroll administration team incorporating administration associated with employee records, employee leave and payroll compliance.
- Partner with, support, and enable in-country Heads of HC and/or business leaders to lead the end-to-end employee experiences and lifecycle, and to deliver their people priorities.
- Leverage people analytics and reporting techniques to understand people management indicators and use data to identify solutions to people matters.
- Oversee managing employee relations, including employee grievances and disciplinaries. This includes providing advice on employment legislation and keeping up to date with employment laws.
- HC advisor and consultant to leadership on HC matters.
- Contribute to optimising organisational design and ways-of-working to increase productivity and improve business performance.
- Act as an organisational culture, employee engagement and workplace champion promoting a positive and productive workplace.
- Oversee HC risk management and ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Implement HC programmes and projects, either as the sponsor and/or business lead.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the human sciences, organisational studies, or business management/administration.
- MBA or similar post graduate qualification is advantageous.
- Proven track record of success in a HC generalist role and/or relevant HC specialist roles, reflecting experience in developing and implementing HC strategies and initiatives.
- 8+ years of experience in HC management, with at least 2+ years in a mid-tier leadership and/or senior management role in an organisation of comparable scope and complexity.
- Included in the above 2+ years financial services industry experience.
Advanced and/or higher levels of proficiency in the following:
1. Technical competencies
- HC processes and policies and managing employees.
- Business acumen.
- Labour relations management: employment laws and labour regulations.
- Data literacy: Dashboards, reports, HR analysis techniques, familiar with data collections techniques, setting up and tracking metrics.
- People risk management.
- Strategic enterprise-level programmes and projects execution.
- Technology, including digitisation (digital proficiency) and automation.
- Industry (financial services) knowledge.
- English language proficiency.
- Organisational culture and transformation.
2. Behavioural competencies including leadership skills and traits
- Interpersonal skills.
- Conflict management.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Stakeholder influence/management and relationships management.
- Change management and project management capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Decision making and sound judgement.
- Attributes: Authenticity, transparency, objective/objectivity.
- Management of personal effectiveness: self-awareness, emotional intelligence (EQ), time, and energy.
- Commitment to ethical business practices.
- Core personal value set congruent with the group.
3. Cognitive competencies
- Strategic thinking.
- Problem solving.
- Analytical thinking.
- Growth mindset.
- Divergent thinking.
- Systems thinking.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.