Reference No. LB02
Reference Number: LB02
Our client, a leading global mining company with a focus on gemstones is looking for a Head of Engineering in the region of Colombia. The incumbent will be responsible for engineering and maintenance services to ensure operational reliability. You will report to the Managing Director.
- Engineering and maintenance services to achieve maximum financial benefit from the plant’s capital expenditures, Mining Machinery and Wash Plant, Maintenance expenditures, production equipment and fixed assets.
- Manage Engineering and Maintenance services and ensure operational reliability.
- Ensure 5S compliance, create and manage overhaul schedules for sustained performance.
- Develop, monitor and ensure timely completion of plant goals/action plans, both short and long term.
- Assist Head of Mining in making operational improvements to reduce costs and to increase productivity.
- Utilize new technology and Lean Manufacturing principals and processes to maximize efficiency.
- Plan, manage and execute capital asset program in compliance with Operating Plan and established policy.
- Promote development cost saving initiatives (CSIs) including management of utilities and equipment.
- Provide the day-to-day operational leadership for mechanics, electricians, technical crafts and associated personnel.
- Assign accountability, build teams, hire, develop, evaluate, train, coach and discipline with corrective action as needed.
- Ensure the adherence to Safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Manage union grievances for effective outcomes.
- Ensure production of a quality product in compliance with Safety, local Country guidelines. Ensure all regulatory compliance as applicable.
- Compliance to environmental commitments
- Bachelor’s Degree in mining Machinery/Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 8- 10 years exp. in maintenance of HEMM (Underground) and Plant, out of which minimum of 5 years as a functional head for Maintenance.
- Experience of leading teams in new project sites to achieve production efficiency.
- Experience in liaising, managing, influencing and negotiating with government authorities, vendors, contractors.
- Expertise in project operations.
- Spanish/English speaking with excellent communications skills (both written and verbally).
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Market related and competitive salary.
- Discretionary Bonus based on performance.
- 63 calendar days holiday.
- Single status lodging and boarding provided by company.
- 3 flight tickets in a year.
- Group Accident Insurance policy.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lucia Baeza at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.