Reference No. 603 2606 MHU
Reference Number: 603 2606 MHU
Our coal mining client has an opportunity for a General Manager to join their team, reporting into the COO. The mine has both underground and open pit operations. The main purpose is to be responsible for formulating policies, programs, and objectives affecting the schedule, quality, and cost of beneficiated products; Directs and co-ordinates production according to quality and quantity specifications within cost objectives; Ensures all groups within the business area are properly staffed and coordinated to perform duties effectively; Promotes the development of favorable employee relations to further the organization’s production of quality goods.
- Manage the tactical and strategic plan and day-to-day operation of the mine.
- Capital project budgeting and coordination, including contract formulation.
- Compile and control the mining budget.
- Compile monthly, quarterly, and annual mining reports for the operation.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements such as MHSA, EMPR.
- Take all reasonable measures to ensure that the provisions of the Mine Health and Safety Act, Minerals Act and its Regulations (as may be amended from time to time) are implemented and adhered to at the mine.
- Ensure and maintain a healthy and safe mine environment for all employees and contractors.
- Ensure an adequate supply of health and safety equipment and facilities.
- Initiate, prepare and implement codes of practice relating to health and safety.
- Maintain an effective risk identification and management system.
- Ensure the effective maintenance and hazard identification and medical monitoring records.
- Prepare and/or review the Health and Safety Policy of the Mine.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc Mining Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Mine Managers’ Certificate of Competency.
- Mine Health and Safety Act 4(1) Appointment.
- Computer literate.
- At least 10 years’ managerial experience in mining environment (open cast and underground).
- High level of people management skills and strong business acumen.
- Good planning and organizational skills with a firm attention for detail.
- Ability to manage a dynamic diverse team, good leadership, and relationship skills.
- Ability to manage contracts.
- Demonstrated competencies: Demonstrable strategy development skills; Demonstrable managerial skills (planning, leading, organizing, controlling); Report writing skills at Board level; Professional, excellent verbal and written communication in English; Communication and networking skills at senior level.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- Respective EXCO level package on offer
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Managing Lead – Executive Mining Recruitment
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.