Reference No. LB23
Our client an iron ore producer located in Sierra Leone, is looking for a Drill Rig Electrician. The incumbent will be responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of all electrical component of the rig, and for managing the electrical team. Service quality, job preparation, planning and safety are key priorities in this role. The incumbent will be responsible for diagnosing faults, diverting and/or carrying out necessary repairs. This individual will report directly to the Chief Geologist.
- Must complies fully with all HSE requirements, policies and standards, and wears always required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensure HSE requirements are communicated prior to work commencement, creating a mindset environment and culture of Zero Harm through health and safety communications and leadership.
- Provide information, signs, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential safety hazards and to prevent access to maintenance areas.
- Ensure pre-start safety meetings are conducted on daily basis prior to commencement of work.
- Perform routine maintenance controls of the electrical equipment and devices of the rig.
- Provides for preventive, routine, and non-routine maintenance and for repairs of electrical works of internal combustion engines, pumps, compressors and drilling related equipment of rig.
- Instruct all personnel assigned to him of their duties, their responsibilities, and the necessary safety precautions prior to startup of any work.
- Ensure that no electrical work that requires a “work permit” or electrical isolation is started until a proper investigation has been carried out and approvals have been given in writing.
- Daily, weekly and monthly report to Chief Geologist
- Report any damage identified on the rig during inspections to the Chief Geologist.
- Ensure proper database consisting of all electrical consumables inventory, maintenance records etc, are developed
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- HND / Diploma / Degree in Electrical Engineering or WASS with more than 10 years in Rig Maintenance.
- Computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel). Knowledge in any electrical software is an advantage.
- Must have very good leadership skills and have worked in a mining industry for a minimum of 5 years in similar position.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lucia Baeza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.