Reference No. 249 07 23 MW
Reference Number: 249 07 23 MW
Our client, a renewable energy service provider is seeking a BD Director who will actively support and drive the team in identifying, developing, and signing renewable energy hybrid projects. The incumbent will primarily be responsible for the commercial development of complex energy solutions for Africa’s leading businesses, especially in the mining sector.
- Support, evaluate, and improve the company’s overall lead generation strategy throughout all relevant geographies.
- Develop and iterate bespoke pricing for various project structures such as Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), leases, and loans across multiple geographies.
- Develop and present custom proposals to clients and answer questions about the commercial, financial, legal, and technical aspects of a solar PPA contract.
- Identify gaps in the company’s value proposition to clients and generate new ideas for how to better server them.
- Support and problem solve with other BD team members to progress their projects to closure.
- Advise and lead negotiations for a variety of renewable energy financing contracts with support from legal and other internal teams.
- Assume responsibility for conducting diligence on complex large-scale projects to ensure they meet specified investment criteria.
- Manage and update internal tools and systems to maximize efficiency of the BD process.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 4+ years business experience at a top tier management consulting or investment firm
- Bachelor’s and master’s degrees with either or both degrees related to business or energy
- Work experience across multiple African countries
- Work experience in the energy sector, renewable energy is a plus
- Fluency in a relevant local or regional language, e.g., French
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Position
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Managing Lead: Renewable Energy & Mining
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.